You have been told all your life that buy-and-hold is smart investing, but you remember all too well, what happened to you in 2008 with your buy-and-hold manager. What is the truth regarding management firms that promote buy-and-hold?
For buy-and-hold to work, two things have to occur:
- You will live forever, and
- You will never need the money.
Run as far away and as fast as you can from these firms.
Over the past 100 years, there have been four major bear markets. The average bear market has lasted for 19.5 years with an average loss of 62%. This includes the bear market corrections of 2002 and 2008.
Turner Capital has developed a mathematical process whereby all major bear markets can be detected early enough to avoid catastrophic losses. In the 2007/2008, an investor following the Turner Capital market-directional approach could have avoided the 50% sell-off and generated over twice the return of a buy-and-hold investor during 2007-2017.
Do not wait until the next bear market begins because it may be too late by then. Fire your buy-and-hold manager now and talk to us. You will be very glad you did.
We have two comprehensive reports that delve much more deeply into our investment methodology and how best to evaluate a potential money manager. Check the boxes on the right (see "Additional Information") to get these reports sent to you via email.
What, exactly, is involved if I decide to hire Turner Capital to manage some of my investable capital?
The process is simple and easy to get started. First, you need to fill out the form on the right to let us know you would like to speak with one of our asset managers. This is a brief phone call where your objectives and questions are reviewed.
- Before we can send you the appropriate account-opening dccuments, we will need to know the total combined amount you plan to have us manage, the type(s) of capital (e.g., taxable, tax-deferred, trust, etc.) and which of the specific Turner Capital portfolio models you desire to follow.
- We will send you documents required for us to work together, including a complete description of our company, the trading authorization form, the account opening forms, risk disclosure documents, financial profile document, fee agreement and transfer form.
- We will walk you through these forms and answer any questions you may have.
- The completed forms are then returned to Turner Capital and provided to TD Ameritrade to complete the account opening process and transfer of funds.
- Once your account is funded, our portfolio management team will review how and when your personal portfolio(s) will be filled with existing strategy positions.
If you are looking for an asset manager in the 1% of all asset managers that is driven to keep your portfolio in a bull-biased strategy in bull markets; in a cash-biased strategy in neutral markets; and, in a bear-biased strategy in bear markets, then we hope you give serious consideration to Turner Capital Investments, LLC. Click here to Learn More!