GETTING STARTED WITH TURNER CAPITAL INVESTMENTS
Hiring Mike Turner and his team to manage a portion of your investable net worth is easy to do but there are a number of steps required to complete the process in an efficient and timely fashion. It is important for you to know that we work in a "managed account" structure. This means your money always remains in your complete control. It is never co-mingled with other funds or accounts. You can start/stop our management of your account at any time. In all cases, you are the owner of your account and are merely authorizing us to trade your account on your behalf. We cannot move funds into or out of your account.
Below is everything you need to know regarding how to get started with us. But do not hesitate to call us (855-678-8200) at any time if you have a question or need additional information:
- The first step is a personal, one-on-one phone call with Mike Turner, our Chief Portfolio Manager. The purpose of this call is three-fold:
- The first is for us to get to know enough about your financial situation in order to offer our asset management services to you.
- Secondly, we want to answer any/all of your questions. It is important that you are comfortable with your decision and clearly understand our approach to managing your account.
- Thirdly, we will need you to decide which of our portfolio strategies you want to follow. Depending on the amount of capital you want us to manage, you can select more than one strategy to follow. However, the minimum account size per strategy is $50,000.
- Lastly, we need to know the structure of your account. Will it be a cash account, a trust account, an IRA account or some other financial structure (401k, etc.).
- Assuming your financial situation and your desire to move forward are in alignment with our portfolio management services, we will send you a packet of documents, including:
- Account Opening documents (2 sets)
- Disclosure documents for your files only
- Trade authorization documents (2 sets)
- Pre-paid return mail envelope
- Once you receive the documents, you will need to read them, fill out the Account Opening and Trade Authorization documents, sign where required and then express mail via the enclosed pre-paid envelope, one set each of the Account Opening and Trade Authorization forms. Please keep a copy of all the forms with your permanent files. If you have any questions about the forms or any information requested, please call us.
- When we receive the forms from you, we will review them for completion and then send the appropriate forms to TD Ameritrade for account opening. All funds are custodied at TD Ameritrade - Institutional. Account opening generally takes 10 days to 2 weeks.
- Once your account (or accounts) is opened, TD Ameritrade will notify you and us. We will reach out to you via email and provide you with instructions for funding your account and gaining 24/7 access to it.
- The next step is for you to fund your account(s). This can be done with cash, transfers or equities. If you move equities into your account, we will manage those equities to cash.
- Once your account is funded, our portfolio manager, Mike Turner, will review the current holdings in the portfolio strategy or strategies that you want to follow and the condition of the market to determine which (if any) of the current holdings will be purchased for your account. If Mike believes there is too much risk of us closing out of a holding in the near term, he will not put that holding into your account. In most cases, your account will be completely in sync with the portfolio within a few weeks.
- Turner Capital Investments provides a complimentary annual subscription to the investor tools found at www.turnertrends.com.